Claim your piece of Brisbaneâs historic...
Dr Sydney Fancourt McDonald was a very successful Spring Hill paediatrician, who never had children of his own. He was described as, âvery proper, very correct and formal, who lived his professional life in the tradition of the highest ideals of clinical medicine.â In 1927 Dr McDonald led a group of medical practitioners in the development of âCraigstonâ, their suites on their ground floor and homes above.
They no doubt wanted the convenience of apartment living, but with the hilltop elevation, stately charm and grandeur befitting some of this cityâs leaders in the medical fraternity. It was an innovative concept, a first for Brisbane, and the best architects and builders were engaged.
And today, 89 years later, you have the opportunity to purchase Dr McDonaldâs own apartment.
– spacious 130m2 (approx) of opportunity
– light and bright with heaps of windows and views across Spring Hill
– stunning character features include a brick fireplace, silky oak dado paneling, decorative high ceilings, huge sash windows and timber flooring
Designed in the “Spanish Mission” style, this tightly held, exclusive building really is a one of a kind. From the moment you enter the original Parisian style elevator with brass name plates you know you’re part of something special!
– huge rooftop entertainment deck and viewing tower overlooking the old mill and views of the city skyline, mountains and river
– the privacy and quiet you crave with only two apartments per floor
– residents’ courtyard leading to secured entrance
– secure parking
– an easy stroll up from the CBD and close to some of Brisbane’s most – sought-after dining and entertainment
– Spring Hill Loop bus service runs past your front door!
This very unique, heritage-listed residence offers an extraordinary opportunity to renovate and restore, creating your own interpretation of this grand home and ensuring its proud history continues into Brisbaneâs future.
Property Code: 1393