Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane dwelling prices up 13.2% for the year
Brisbane home prices rose 13.2% over the 2020-2021 financial year. CoreLogic’s latest National home value index shows the strong rise in prices continued in June for both apartments and houses.
- Brisbane apartment prices rose 0.7% in June to now be up 5.7% on the same time last year.
- At a median of $416,000 they’re just over half the price of a Sydney apartment ($794,000)
- The Index reports Brisbane’s median house prices rose another 2.2% during the month, up 14.8% in a year.
- Home price growth for the past year was biggest in Darwin with a huge 21%, Hobart (19.6%) and Canberra at 18.1%. The Index showed the nation’s median home price rose 13.5% over the year.
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment remain one of the nation’s strongest at 5.1%, well ahead of the average 3.8%.
The research shows sales volumes have been high. “CoreLogic estimates that in the year to June 2021, there were approximately 582,900 transactions nationally. This is the highest annual sales volume observed since February 2004.”
Please share your opinions on Brisbane apartment prices!