Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices
July saw a further 0.4% dip in Brisbane home prices according to the latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index.
- Last month saw home prices down 0.6% across the nation.
- Brisbane’s dwellings slid 0.4% in July (following the same drop in June) so they’re now down 0.9% over the past quarter.
- The Index reports Brisbane’s median apartment prices dropped 0.5% during the month of July (a slight improvement on June’s 0.8% dip), while our houses lost 0.3%, also slightly better than the previous month.
- Brisbane again outperformed the big capitals in July, with home prices down 1.2% in Melbourne and 0.9% in Sydney. Canberra and Adelaide recorded small price rises.
- Despite the price falls, the number of properties for sale nationally is down 15.2% compared with this time last year.
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment are reported at 5.2%, well ahead of the national average of 4.1%. Sydney investors have the lowest of the capital cities with a 3.4% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!