Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices
Brisbane’s real estate market took some time to adjust to the impact Coronavirus, with home prices still up again in March according to the latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index. Here’s all their latest numbers:
- The past 12 months saw home prices up 7.5% across the nation
- Brisbane’s dwellings rose 1.6% in the March quarter; now up 3.1% over the past year
- The Index reports Brisbane apartments rose 0.1% during the month of March (up a total 1.3% in the past year), while our houses rose 0.7% for an annual climb of 3.5%.
- March saw home prices rise across most of Australia with Hobart the notable exception. Sydney was up 1.1% and Melbourne 0.4% over the month.
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment are reported at 5.3%, well ahead of the national average of 4.2%. Sydney investors have the lowest of the capital cities with a 3.5% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!