Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices
Brisbane home prices rose again in January, according to the latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index. Here’s all their latest numbers:
- The past 12 months saw home prices up 0.9% across Australia, marking a broad turnaround that’s seen Sydney and Melbourne values again growing strongly
- Brisbane’s dwelling prices rose another 0.5% in January (for a total 2% in the past quarter)
- Brisbane homes are now 1.1% higher than at the same time last year
- The Index reports Brisbane apartments dipped 0.6% during January (down a total 0.3% in the past year), while our houses rose 0.7% for an annual growth of 1.4%.
- Sydney (up 1.1%) and Melbourne (up 1.2%) dwelling prices rose again last month
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment are reported at 5.3%, well ahead of the national average of 4.2%. Sydney investors have the lowest of the capital cities with a 3.6% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!