Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices
Brisbane home prices rose again in October, according to the latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index. Here’s all their latest numbers:
- The past 12 months saw home prices down 2.3% across Australia
- Brisbane’s dwelling rose 0.8% in October; they are now 1.3% lower than at the same time last year
- The only capital cities to record increases over this past 12 months were Hobart (2.6%) and Canberra (2%). Despite a positive shift last month Sydney homes are still down 2.5%.
- The Index reports Brisbane apartments rose 0.8% during October (down a total 0.6% in the past year), while our houses rose 0.9% for an annual change of -1.2%.
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment are reported at 5.3%, well ahead of the national average of 4.3%. Sydney investors have the lowest of the capital cities with a 3.7% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!