Brisbane City Council is a good source of info on our city’s economy and clever property investors know to follow Brisbane jobs. Here’s some of the latest data on what us Brisbanites do for a quid:
- there’s just over 1.2m of us living within the Brisbane City Council boundaries, and almost 900,000 jobs in the same patch
- the last Census showed we have 122,400 jobs in our CBD alone
- ABS estimates that Brisbane has 124,000 businesses
- the top 5 industries by employment number are Health Care and Social Assistance (130,000 jobs), Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (89,000), Retail trade (85,000), Education and Training (76,000) and Construction (75,000 jobs)
- Our unemployment rate in August 2018 (12-month average) was 5.5%
Share your comments – How do you think Brisbane’s workforce might change into the future? We’d love to hear your opinions.