Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices in 2018
It proved to be a positive number for Brisbane home prices in 2018, but only just! The latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index reports all the stats for Australian cities across the past year:
- Brisbane’s dwelling prices rose 0.2% in 2018 after easing 0.1% in the last quarter
- It was a small number, but that growth still made us on one of the nation’s strongest markets. The past 12 months saw home prices down 6.1% on the 8 Capital Cities aggregate across Australia
- Sydney homes led the price drops with a 8.9% decrease, followed by Melbourne -7%. Hobart was the star performer with prices up 8.7% over 2018
- The Index reports Brisbane apartments slipped 0.7% for the year, while our houses snuck up 0.4%
- The report shows gross rental yields for a Brisbane apartment at 5.3%, well ahead of the capital city average of 4.2%. Sydney investors get just a 3.8% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!