Shopping in inner Brisbane is well catered for and the options seem to improve regularly. New centres at Kelvin Grove and Newmarket are just two recent additions. What we’re also seeing more and more is the renewed popularity of weekend markets for those seeking out fresh foods, art, crafts and the various gems stallholders have to offer. So as a service to our faithful readers here’s the complete Bees Nees’ guide to inner Brisbane’s markets!
- South Bank Friday night and all weekend with lots of eating, drinking, partying options on hand
- Valley markets in the Brunswick Mall both Sat and Sun with a focus on emerging fashions, handmade jewellery and the like
- Stones Corner’s new markets on Fridays with the street closed and live music outside the pub
- The inimitable Powerhouse markets in New Farm every second Saturday (next on the 13th)
- The Green Flea markets in West End’s Davies Park has a huge variety of fresh and organic fruit and vegies every Saturday
- And the side-by-side Riverside Centre and Eagle Street markets have a big variety of artworks each Sunday in the CBD
So no excuses this weekend if you’re looking for somewhere to escape the cricket on TV!