Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane home prices
Brisbane home prices rose just a fraction in August, according to the latest Core Logic Hedonic Home Value Index. Here’s all their latest numbers:
- The past 12 months saw home prices down 5.2% across Australia
- Brisbane’s dwelling rose 0.2% in August and are now 2.1% lower than at the same time last year
- The only capital cities to record increases over this past 12 months were Hobart (3.1%) and Canberra (1.2%). Despite a positive shift last month Sydney and Melbourne’s homes are still down more than 6%.
- The Index reports Brisbane apartments rose 1.1% during August, while our house prices flat-lined
- Rental yields for a Brisbane apartment are reported at 5.4%, well ahead of the national average of 4.5%. Sydney investors get just a 3.9% rental yield.
Please share your opinions on Brisbane home prices!