Useful facts without opinion: Brisbane population growth
Real estate and the demand for homes is pretty closely linked to the number of residents in any city, so we’re always interested when the ABS release new stats on Brisbane population growth. Here’s this week’s latest report:
- Greater Brisbane grew by almost one thousand people every week in the year to June 30th.
- that 50,120 new Brisbanites was a 2.1% increase, bringing us to a new total of 2.463 million.
- only Melbourne grew at a faster pace with 2.5% more people choosing to shiver through their cold and rain!
- Brisbane’s growth came fairly equally from natural increase (more births than deaths), international and interstate migration. Our affordable real estate is proving attractive to southerners: Brisbane received a truckload more interstate migrants than any other capital (and especially compared with Sydney where 27,300 more blues-supporters left than arrived!)
- the fastest growing neighbourhood in Brisbane’s inner city was Newstead/Bowen Hills, jumping 11% as new residents moved into all those new apartments
Share your thoughts in the comments: Where to next for Brisvegas? Will those southerners keep flocking over the border?!