Home safety tips during the holidays
We’ve rounded up some of our top home safety tips to keep you and your family safe this holiday season!
Here are a few of our top home safety picks and simple reminders that you may find useful:
- Turn off all Christmas lights before going to bed to avoid the risk of fire
- Keep all decorative candles out of reach from children & animals – be sure to blow them out when finished
- Be prepared for grease fires or cooking hazards – keep an extinguisher or fire blanket on site (we’re not always the chefs we think we are!)
- Keep small decorations away from children & pets – they are a choking hazard that is easily avoided
- An increase of theft usually occurs around the holidays, be sure to keep gifts out of view when leaving your home
- Properly disposing and breaking down boxes will also ensure anyone driving past doesn’t know what cool gadgets you have inside
- Guests coming over may not know that some tasty foods are actually toxic to your animal – this includes chocolate, nuts, and cooked chicken bones as they splinter (to name a few)
- Be social media conscious if you are on vacation and your home is empty
Do you have any other home safety tips you’d like to add? Comment below!
And most of all, have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the new year!