Useful Facts Without Opinions: Brisbane’s sales market
The Real Estate Institute of Queensland’s quarterly market report is the definitive set of stats on our marketplace, reporting only on confirmed sales transactions and allowing a true snapshot of activity across the state. Here’s some of their findings for Brisbane:
• In the 12 months to the end of March Brisbane’s median house price sale was $584,951.
• Almost all (96%) of these sellers made a profit on their sale with prices up 6.7% on a year earlier and 7.8% over the past 5 years.
• The median sale for units was $411,976 with 89% of these sellers making a profit.
• The median unit price rose 4.5% over the previous year, and was up 1.9% over 5 years.
• With a busier market the turnover of both dwelling types rose over the year: there were 5% more houses sold, and 7% more units.
Please give us your opinion on the Brisbane real estate market by making a comment below!