Useful Facts Without Opinions: Inner-Brisbane’s rental market
The December quarter stats were released by the Residential Tenancies Authority today and here’s a quick snapshot for you:
• Median rents generally remained flat for the quarter, a 2 bed apartment in Brisbane’s inner-city remaining at the same $490/week it’s been for the past 3 quarters.
• There were some notable dips with St Lucia dropping $50 to $380/week. (This is not unusual for a December quarter, with almost half that suburb’s new bonds typically lodged in the March quarter.)
• On the other side of the equation new apartments in Dutton Park saw that postcode’s median rent rise $80 to $470/week.
• It was the busiest December quarter on record, with almost 4000 new bonds lodged for 2 bed apartments alone. This was 10% more than the last quarter of 2012.
• Inner-Brisbane’s rental pool is growing, but slowly. The total bonds held for these suburbs is now 32,983 – up by 184 dwellings or 0.6% on the same time last year.
We’d love to hear your comments.