Excerpts from tenants’ letters sent to landlords and their agents:
- The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is cleared.
- I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall.
- Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
- Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk? Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant.
- The toilet seat is cracked: where do I stand?
- Will you please send a man to look at my waters? It is a funny colour and not fit to drink.
- I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.
* note: web-based source of dubious authenticity!